Ladysmith Resources Centre Association was built on volunteer participation and even today a strong volunteer spirit keeps the Centre and it's programs running. As an organization, we welcome your support and willingness to help and endeavour to fit you wherever your strengths may lie.
We have many volunteer opportunities available. If you have some spare time—be it an hour, ½ day or more—we invite you to contact us so we can work together utilizing your skills and experience in some rewarding way.
Also, the LRCA board of directors is interested in bringing aboard new members with a variety of skillsets to set direction for the organization. Give us a call at 250-245-3079 to express your interest.
How you can help
- Food Security Programs such as Food Bank, Soup Kitchen or Recovery.
- Early Years Programs that include holding babies, cooking nutritious snacks or providing childminding.
- Seniors Support Programs, driving to appointments, grocery shopping, event set up or peer counselling.
- Events and Fundraisers such as Concerts in the Park, Christmas Cheer and other events engaging community.
- Mental Health support through volunteer counselling.
- Community Safety, volunteer facilitators for Restorative Justice or Victim Services.
- Administration support, reception, income tax filing, and intake.
How to apply
- Come into the office and fill out a Volunteer Package with our Volunteer Coordinator, Shirley.
- You may also print the packet below and bring it into the office to arrange for your records check.
- Please call 250-245-3079 or email Shirley directly to arrange a meeting.
You will be asked to agree to a Criminal Records Check, which we complete with you on-site for free.
- Once the criminal Records Check has been approved, someone will call you about getting started.
It's that easy!
Our Volunteer program offers many opportunities to volunteer. As a volunteer, we are committed to making your time with us or within any of our programs or services meaningful and enjoyable. In turn, we ask that you commit to protecting and enhancing our organization through participation, confidentiality and positive and professional representation.
We want you to feel a part of the Centre and we want your experience to be not only helpful to us but to be an enriching experience for you.
This will be followed by an orientation to the association, the staff, programs, services, history, philosophy, policies and procedures. We will then provide and accompany you to an introduction to your chosen field of expertise or program you wish to participate in. Training will then take place either by the volunteer coordinators or the program personnel.
It all began early in 1992 at a meeting of the Ladysmith Inter-Agency Liaison Committee, a group of representatives from the government-mandated agencies formed in the early 1970s to maximize cooperation among the agencies while minimizing the duplication of services.
In 1992, this group pooled some of their own money and decided to form a non-profit association to try to deal with these recurring situations. This became the foundation of the Ladysmith Resources Centre Association.
Read more about our history HERE (PDF).