Police-Based Victim Services
Services are currently available. Please call in advance for an appointment.
- Phone: 250-245-6061 (direct line)
- Fax: 250-245-6060
- Emergency: Call 911 or RCMP Detachment at 250-245-2215
- located at 320 6th Ave (in the RCMP detachment)
Ladysmith Victim Services provides support and information to all victims of crime including those injured and bereaved by accused persons that are not identified or charged. We also assist the police and community in situations where there are injuries or deaths. These services can provide the information and assistance you need in your own community.
Services provided include but are not restricted to:
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Practical assistance
- Information on the progress of the police investigation and the court case
- Court orientation and accompaniment if it is necessary for you to testify in court
- Help in applying for Crime Victim assistance if you have been physically or emotionally affected by the crime and referrals to other services
Victim Services needs community support and your help in:
- Producing brochures and posters
- Assistance in expenses incurred in training
- Travel cost to outside training sessions
- Volunteer recognition
- Funding of equipment and resource materials
This program is funded by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, the Town of Ladysmith, and the Regional District of Nanaimo (Area A & C).