Police-Based Victim Services
To offer free and confidential support
services to all Victims and Witnesses
of crime and traumatic events in a
courteous and timely manner.
- Phone: 250-245-6061 (direct line)
- Fax: 250-245-6060
- Emergency: Call 911 or RCMP Detachment at 250-245-2215
- located at 320 6th Ave (in the RCMP detachment)
Victim Service workers are trained and skilled in dealing with matters of criminal victimization and trauma.
Services provided include but are not restricted to:
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Practical assistance
- Information on the progress of the police investigation and the court case
- Court orientation and accompaniment if it is necessary for you to testify in court
- Help in applying for Crime Victim assistance if you have been physically or emotionally affected by the crime and referrals to other services
Victim Services needs community support and your help in:
- Producing brochures and posters
- Assistance in expenses incurred in training
- Travel cost to outside training sessions
- Volunteer recognition
- Funding of equipment and resource materials
This program is funded by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, the Town of Ladysmith, the Regional District of Nanaimo (Area A) and Stz’uminus First Nation.