Triple P suggests simple routines and small changes that can make a big difference to your family. It helps you understand the way your family works and uses the things you already say, think, feel and do in new ways that:
- Create a stable, supportive and harmonious family
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Deal positively, consistently and decisively with problem behaviour
- Build positive relationships with your children, so that conflict can be resolved
- Plan ahead to avoid or manage potentially difficult situations
- Take care of yourself as a parent
While Triple P is almost always successful in improving child behaviour problems, more than half its emphasis is on developing positive attitudes, skills and behaviour. This helps prevent problems arising and fosters family relationships that encourage children and teens to realize their full potential.
Triple P has been developed and scientifically proven over 25 years by The University of Queensland Parent and Family Support Centre, with international collaboration. The system is widely in use throughout Australia and increasingly, throughout the world.
What will I learn in a Group Triple P Course?
You’ll learn about:
- Effective parenting strategies
- How to promote your children and teens development
- How to manage common child and teen behaviour problems
- Principles to help you deal with almost any situation that might arise
How much time will it take and how many people are in a group?
The great thing about doing a Triple P Group Course is that the groups are small (typically 8-12 people) and you’ll feel immediately at home with a group of parents who all want the same thing – to do the best for their kids and have an enjoyable family life! Groups are run by an accredited Triple P practitioner.
There are five two-hour group sessions (once per week), followed by two 15-30 minute telephone calls (once per week), addressing your individual progress and then a final group session.
What Triple P Programs will be offered?
The Ladysmith Resources Centre will be offering Group Triple P for parent’s of younger children ages 2-12 years. Triple P Groups are free to the public and will be held twice a year.
To request more information or to register for a program, please contact the Ladysmith Resources Centre at 250-245-3079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Triple P, visit www.triplepvip.ca.