Now Hiring: Temporary Receptionist
The Receptionist for the LRCA greets the public when they enter the building and assists them by supplying information (about the Society, services in Ladysmith, etc.) or directs them to appropriate staff members. The Receptionist is responsible to and takes direction from the Executive Director.
HOURS OF WORK
26 hours a week
Wage is $18/hour
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets clients and supplies information or directs them to an appropriate service or service provider for their area of concern.
- Answer telephones, route calls and take messages as required.
- Record/monitor all activity at the Reception Desk (phone calls, drop in, meetings, etc.)
- Maintain schedules of all LRCA facility bookings.
- Pickup, Log and distribute mail.
- Process Parking Permit requests.
- Process donations recording them on a database and maintaining dated receipts.
- Check and distribute general email to appropriate staff members on a timely basis.
- Assist the Transportation, Christmas Cheer, and Volunteer Tax program coordinators as requested by the Executive Director.
- Maintain and keep tidy the reception office and work area.
- Maintain appropriate reception files.
- Order supplies when needed.
- Perform any reasonable task as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- 2 years experience in reception or equivalent education
- Knowledge of computer use in Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to multitask
If interested, please email your resume to Jennica Graham by March 1, 2021.