Now Hiring: Finance Coordinator
The Ladysmith Resources Centre Association (LRCA) is recruiting for a Finance Coordinator to assist the LRCA to be “the Centre of change in Ladysmith”. Working for the LRCA will bring rewarding benefits and give opportunities to gain relevant further skills and knowledge while working in a supportive team environment all while supporting the local community.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for maintaining effective control over all accounting transactions. This includes ensuring the accurate generation and maintenance of accounting records in accordance with GAAP and legal requirements. The Finance Coordinator is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, managing payroll and maintaining accounts payable.
The Finance Coordinator works under the guidance of the Executive Director and the Board.
Hours of Work
25 hours per week. Partial hours can be filled at home during the COVID-19 pandemic, with a schedule to be co-created with the Executive Director. Rate of pay is $26/per hour
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate maintenance of all general ledger accounts, project accounts and records by reconciling all external accounts, month, quarter and year-end Financial Statements, maintenance of the Chart of Accounts and Projects.
- Administers and monitors the financial system to ensure that the Association’s finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists the Executive Director and Treasurer with preparation of the annual budget.
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of all payroll related activities.
- Prepares financial policies and procedures for review by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Prepares and maintains cash controls.
- Prepares, maintains and reconciles the general ledger.
- Monitors cash reserves and investment
- Prepares and reconciles bank statements.
- Reviews and maintains supplier accounts.
- Process supplier invoices.
- Issue cheques for all accounts due.
- Responsible for ensuring that all payable accounts are maintained and reconciling and preparing statements related to payable accounts.
- Ensures that all receivable accounts are maintained in a timely and thorough fashion.
- Responsible for preparation of financial statements required by the Executive Director and Treasurer. This may require exportation of data into database and spreadsheet applications.
- The Finance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the monthly sign off of the LRCA Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Project Statement by the Executive Director, Executive Secretary and Treasurer.
- Assists with preparation of the annual budget.
- Ensures transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Prepares income statements.
- Prepares Budget vs Actual statements for all programs.
- Prepares balance sheets and monthly financial statements.
- Prepares quarterly reports and report on variances.
- Assists with the annual audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Management, or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Experience with project budgeting, financial reporting processes and office administration.
- Experience with Inventory and Asset records.
- Experience with Accounts Receivables.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills.
- Interpret and apply government rules, guidelines and procedures.
- Highly organized.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Experience in a non-profit charitable environment, and government funding would be an asset.
- Must have experience in Sage and multiple programs
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.